Theatre Communications Group, the national organization for the American theatre, seeks a dynamic and entrepreneurial Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to assume a pivotal role in the overall management of financial aspects of the organization.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and working closely with the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors, the CFO will serve on the senior leadership team of the organization. The CFO should have a commitment to TCG’s mission, core values, and an entrepreneurial attitude toward fulfilling it; the ability to successfully lead and work with a diverse staff, Board, and body of partners; outstanding interpersonal skills and exemplary work practices; strong attention to detail and meticulous dependability; and commitment to learning and growth for oneself and others.
We are seeking a leader with significant not-for-profit financial experience who brings a can-do, entrepreneurial, and enthusiastic disposition to the job and who can inspire others to do their best work.
What You Will be Doing
- Serve as a member of TCG’s leadership team, setting organizational strategy, and providing financial oversight.
- Recognize and anticipate opportunities and challenges as they relate to financial systems and operations; generating ideas, strategies, and solutions to drive impact.
- Provide strategic recommendations to the Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer based on financial analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation, and revenue/expense analysis.
- Manage and mentor a team of three financial professionals, supporting growth in their roles and cross training, across accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and purchasing functions; and ensure accuracy of financial data entry.
- Design, develop, implement, and communicate overall financial strategy, identifying strategic and operational issues for leadership team, Board, and staff.
- Provide human resources to staff including council when appropriate, provide the best health benefits available within TCG’s budget and ensure compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the program and fundraising teams to set strategic goals, and support those teams in meeting their goals; partner closely with development team to ensure the team has access to all information and reporting necessary to meet its goals
- Oversee (develop, monitor, and revise) short- and long-term budgetary planning and cash flow management to ensure alignment with TCG’s strategic priorities; work closely with all Department Heads to monitor and develop the organization’s budget.
- Manage investment strategies, budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, grants administration, real estate, and risk management activities.
- Ensure organizational compliance with all regulatory tax filings and audit requirements; coordinate annual audit activities.
- Design and implement fiscal policies and procedures (internal controls) and ensure that staff maintains financial record systems in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Generate and distribute accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for the Executive Director, Senior Management Staff, Board of Directors and other audiences as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Need for this Role
- Eight to ten years of broad financial leadership experience, including success serving as a team leader, experience planning and managing budgets for a not-for-profit organization, and overseeing annual audit processes.
- Robust understanding of financial accounting, with demonstrated success creating financial models, managing reporting, ensuring proper control and audit processes within a not-for-profit setting, including endowments.
- Collaborative approach to executive leadership, and the ability to work effectively with cross functional teams to meet goals and improve organizational performance
- Track record of success working directly with Boards of Directors and relevant Board committees (i.e.: Audit and Finance Committees).
- Demonstrated success improving financial and operational policies, processes, and procedures.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing human resources, finance, accounting, and budgeting.
- CPA, MBA, and/or MFA degree preferred, but not required.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range for this position is between $120,000 and $140,000, with a comprehensive benefits package.
How to Apply
Please include “Chief Financial Officer” in the subject line and email resume and cover letter in a single attached file firstname.lastname@example.org. All materials must be sent via email. No phone calls! We will respond only to those resumes in which we have interest.
All application materials must be received by 5:00pm on Friday, August 31, 2018 or until the position is filled. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received, so applicants are encouraged to submit their materials prior to the deadline.
TCG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion (ED&I) in our hiring process, as well as in all areas of our work. At TCG we believe that diverse ideas, cultures, and traditions reflect the broad diversity of the US and are vital assets which enrich the programs and services TCG provides for the theatre field. We respect intersectionality of identities and are committed to EDI in all areas of our work and workplace. People of color, LGBTQ+, and women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.